Tech for Staff
For help with tech issues or questions
please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google Workspace
- Software / Subscriptions
- Digital Citizenship
- Phones & VoiceMail
- Tech How-To
Shut down and restart your device at least weekly. This will allow updates to the operating system and applications to be installed. It will also tend to make the devices run better.
Avoid eating or drinking near the computer. Spills are usually very damaging and lead to expensive repairs.
The LiION batteries used in laptops tend to last longer if the don't get severely discharged too often. Keeping them "topped off" tends to be healthier for them. Also, avoid extreme cold (don't leave a device in the car overnight in the winter, for example).
To Set a PIN:
- Press the VMsg hard key
- Press the More button
- Press the Setup button
- Press 7 and follow the prompts.
To create a greeting:
- Dial extension when prompted enter your extension
- Press 0
- Press 4
- Press 1
- Record your greeting and follow the remaining prompts.
To check voicemail from offsite:
- Dial 802-229-0321
- When you hear the menu press #voicemail number ex: #1234
You will also receive an email for any message that is left for you. However, the message on the voicemail server does not get deleted when the email is sent. Eventually your mailbox will become full so that it doesn’t accept any more messages. The only way to delete the messages is to do it from your phone.
To delete voicemail messages:
Press the VMsg hard key
Enter your security code (VM PIN)
Press 5 to hear each message (you only have to listen if you want to check the message)
Press 3 if you don’t want to keep it
Repeat pressing 5 and 3 until all messages that you don’t want to keep are gone.
Secure Print is used on copiers in the district. This is helpful in 3 main ways:
- Ensures Confidentiality - confidential documents won’t print out until you are at the copier to release them so there’s not a chance of others seeing them. Also, should you accidentally print to the wrong copier the document won’t print and will be automatically deleted from that device after a few days.
- Convenience - Your print job won’t accidentally get mixed up with those of someone else.
- Eco-Friendly - Nothing gets printed and then never picked up.
Your PIN number should be unique so that no one else could accidentally access your print jobs. The best way to do this is to use your “lunch number” as shown in Infinite Campus. How to find that number.
If you prefer to print from the Windows Print Dialog, you can press CTRL-SHIFT-P. This is handy if you want to staple or punch copies.